November 20, 2006

14 Odd Deep-Fried Foods

This Thanksgiving, I’m sure there will be a significant number of people who will deep fry their turkeys instead of roasting them, a process that in my opinion produces a tasty end result, but does require a lot of preparation. According to a recent article in the Christian Science Monitor, Martha Stewart started the whole turkey deep-frying trend, and as a result, inspired a renewed interest in deep frying other unconventional items. While I do enjoy some deep-fried foods (chicken, doughnuts, French fries), I think there are some foods that are better left alone. Not everyone agrees with me on this, which is obvious if you look at the examples below.

Savory

Sweet

63 Responses to “14 Odd Deep-Fried Foods”

1. Jen said:

Deep Fried S’MORES!!! Yum!!!

2. Add Fun to Your Thanksgiving Turkey - Fry It! @ Technology News said:

[…] Now that you have a fryer it’s fun to experiment with other foods.  There are always the classics like french fries and fried shrimp. But there also lots of options. Fried Twinkies are a fun treat. There is the odd fried Coca-Cola that won an award at the 2006 State Fair of Texas. People have tried lots of odd fried food. […]

3. Add Fun to Your Thanksgiving Turkey - Fry It! « Coolbeans said:

4. download free movies said:

Oreos??! Haha! I want to try that one on Friday and feed it to my nieces! LOL 🙂

5. CrypticDude said:

Visit our site and learn about the best breading and meat seasoning in the midwest!

6. Practical Sushi Recipes Without Raw Fish. | 7Wins.eu said:

[…] 14 Odd Deep-Fried Foods | SenseList […]

7. Amber said:

Okay i love fried pickles. I have loved pickles all my life and when i was 19 I moved back to texas and had some for the first time adn there began my addiction for friend pickles.. however it seems the only place for fried pickles is in the southern states and I am now in Anchorage Alaska and I miss them so much.. BTW fried pickles are not wierd!! the serve them at every hooters!! hello! However there is no hooters here in Anchorage!! sad!

8. Going to the Texas State Fair | LostHawk said:

[…] foodie there’s a wide variety of unique, though definitely not for the delicate palette, fried foods on hand. It seems they’re always finding something new to fry including, but not limited to: […]

9. nor nork said:

[…] tooth) … Iran just successfully orbited something using NORK technology I got to suspect this …14 Odd Deep-Fried Foods | SenseListnork said: December 8th, 2006 at 6:48 am. I agree with Nathan, deep fried pickles are delicious. If […]

10. Guga said:

Actually as an Italian I have to say that fried Pizza is EXTREMELY GOOD. You should eat it in Naples or made by someone who knows what he’s doing, anyway

11. büyüler said:

12. Graham said:

Wait wait wait. Coca cola was in there… How do you deep fry soda? That seems a little difficult

13. PennyB said:

who was it that said mars bars were not available in teh United states any more. we still have them in my area of vermont. plus you can order them from the Mars company and there are a few other web sites that have old fashioned candies that you can order them form too.