Halloween is just around the corner, and for those of you already making plans to carve a jack-o-lantern, I’ve got some suggestions for you. Sure, you could make a traditionally spooky pumpkin, or you could create a pumpkin that expresses your political views, your love of George Lucas films, or your weakness for southern-born country crooners. The choice is yours.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger: He’s going to “PUMP-kin” you up!
- George W. Bush and Saddam Hussein: Think ghosts and goblins are scary?
- George W. Bush and E.T.: Troops come home?
- Uncle Sam: This pumpkin WANTS YOU!
- Iwo Jima: Just in time for the Clint Eastwood film Flags of our Fathers, you can commemorate the raising of the flag at Iwo Jima in handy pumpkin form.
- Mahatma Gandhi: Civil rights pioneer and Father of the Indian Nation, he also looks mighty good on a pumpkin.
- Yoda: “Carve me on a pumpkin you must.”
- Darth Vader: “The Force is strong with this pumpkin.”
- Boba Fett: For those of you hunting for the season’s bounty.